Zoom Interviewing Tips
In this modern world of online meetings, when your job application is progressing through to the final stages, you are likely to get invited to an online video camera interview on Zoom, Teams, Skype, or Linkedin and other platforms are available. With that in mind, we have prepared a handy set of useful tips for you:
- Test your equipment: Make sure your camera, microphone, and internet connection are working properly before the interview. Check your equipment well in advance to avoid any last-minute issues.
- Choose a quiet location: Find a quiet and well-lit location for your interview. Avoid noisy areas or places with a lot of distractions.
- Dress appropriately: Dress professionally for the interview. It is important to wear clothes that you would normally wear for an in-person interview.
- Look directly at the camera: When answering questions, look directly at the camera to create eye contact with the interviewer. This will help you establish a connection with them.
- Prepare your answers: In advance of the meeting, prepare answers to common interview questions and practice answering them on camera.